"*" indicates required fields
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsible for executing the Company’s overall mission, shaping its core scientific and partnership strategies, and overseeing daily research operations of the Garuda platform, which generates off-the-shelf hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) therapies to treat a broad range of hematological disorders. The Vice President of Research and Development will utilize knowledge of biomechanical forces, mechanobiology, and related pathways involved in the HSCs formation during the embryo development together with prior experience with gene editing of pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation to HSCs. Specific duties will include:
- Provide scientific leadership and strategic guidance within R&D units in the research, development, and testing of the Company’s platform as detailed above;
- Oversee different research units to coordinate the workflow and advise on significant advancements in the areas of HSC therapies;
- Ensure appropriate scientific rigor in the design, conduct, validity, and interpretation of data;
- Recognize and conceptualize patents, and validate innovative solutions to anticipate emerging needs;
- Contribute to and be responsible for the development, planning, authoring, and review of patents, manuscripts, presentations, and other scientific data disclosures;
- Monitor the manufacturing units on the implementation and execution of planned studies;
- Contribute to departmental resource planning, budgeting, and timeline setting to meet company needs; and
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in innovation and business skill set through continuing education.
Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences or directly related scientific field plus two (2) years of professional experience conducting Hematopoiesis, Hematopoietic Stem Cell, and Pluripotent Stem Cell research. Experience must include the following, which may be gained prior, during, or after completion of advanced degree:
- 2 years of experience in cell and molecular biology and excellent expertise in mechanobiology and biomechanical factors stimulating HSC formation;
- 2 years of experience researching and conducting gene editing techniques;
- 2 years of experience with pluripotent stem cell biology and hematopoietic stem cell transplant research;
- 2 years of experience in researching and using xenotransplant models; and
- 2 years of experience effectively presenting ideas and scientific documents containing complex biological concepts in both written and oral communication.
Job site: 215 First Street, Suites 340-350, Cambridge, MA 02142. 40 hours per week, 9:00am to 6:00pm. Salary: $365,000 per year. Send resume and letter of application detailing experience to Dhvanit Shah, Chief Executive Officer, Garuda Therapeutics, 215 First Street, Suites 340-350, Cambridge, MA 02142.