Cell-Based Assay Senior / Principal Scientist – Analytical Development
Garuda Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing off-the-shelf human hematopoietic stem cell-based cellular therapies, is seeking a highly motivated senior / principal scientist to join its growing team. The full-time role will be a key analytical development team member, focusing on developing, qualifying, and transferring assays for the release and characterization of gene-edited human pluripotent and hematopoietic stem cells. Under the supervision of the Director of CMC Strategy and Product Development and working closely with the R&D Department, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of projects relevant to the core focus of the Garuda Tx. The position will be located in Natick, MA or Cambridge, MA.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and qualifying release and characterization assays for human pluripotent and hematopoietic stem cells (e.g., cell count and viability, flow cytometry, hematopoietic stem cell potency assays, etc.)
- Executing in vitro assays to support process development activities
- Collaborating internally with Garuda team, train colleagues in new techniques and maintain relationships with external scientific partners
- PhD with 3-5+ years of related experience, MS with 7-10+ years of related experience, or BS with 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience with cell culture and developing/qualifying cell-based assays
- Experience with transferring assays to contract testing labs
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Critical thinking and independence, ability to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop assay improvements
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Highly self-motivated and flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work if necessary
- Authorized to legally work in US
- Experience with human pluripotent and hematopoietic stem cell culture
Please contact email@example.com to share your resume and learn more.