Garuda Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing off-the-shelf human hematopoietic stem cell-based cellular therapies, is seeking a highly motivated scientist / senior scientist to join its growing team. The full-time role will be a key process development team member, focused on scaling up pluripotent stem cell expansion and differentiation in bioreactors, as well as implementing closed-system cell processors (e.g., cell washers, magnetic separation instruments, etc.) into a clinical-scale manufacturing process. Under the supervision of the Director of CMC Strategy and Product Development and working closely within the R&D Department, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of projects relevant to the core focus of the Garuda Tx. The position will be located in Natick, MA or Cambridge, MA.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Culturing human pluripotent stem cells in various conditions, aiming to scale up expansion and differentiation
- Implementation of closed-system cell processing systems
- Designing and executing well-controlled in vitro experiments to demonstrate technological feasibility and improvements for characterization of cell product and/or achieve proof-of-concept in animal models
- Collaborating internally with Garuda team, train colleagues in new techniques and maintain relationships with external scientific partners
- PhD with 1-3+ years of related experience, MS with 5-7+ years of related experience, or BS with 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience with cell culture in bioreactors and closed-system cell processing systems
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Critical thinking and independence, ability to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process improvements
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Highly self-motivated and flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work if necessary
- Authorized to legally work in US
- Experience with human pluripotent stem cell culture
- Experience with DOE and JMP
Please contact email@example.com to share your resume and learn more.
Comments are closed.